I have teenagers – yay!!
I remember when I was a teenager … a long time ago.
Those years can be tough when you’re working through the awkward looking years.
I had many awkward looking years. Painfully skinny with front teeth that weighed more than I did.
Thank goodness my mom campaigned for braces and my dad gave in.
So I remember what it was like to wonder if I was attractive when I was young.
Sometimes I wonder now that I’m… not young. I think we all do from time to time.
The media wants to tell us what’s attractive with all of their air brushed photos. The funny thing is that not even the people in the pictures look like the pictures. They can’t even compare with themselves. It’s insanity.
What the media misses though, and what so many of us miss, especially when we’re young and awkward, is that being truly attractive can’t be purchased at the store or plastic surgeon.
Being attractive has more to do with what’s on the inside than what’s on the outside.
Attractive people have qualities that draw us to them and make us want to be around them.
9 Simple Ways to Instantly Be More Attractive
1. Smile. Smiling is inviting and contagious. It instantly lights up your face and countenance and creates positive heart vibes. According to researchers, it may even increase your lifespan. Whatever you do, always begin with a smile.
- Be interesting. Interesting people have an open mind, they’re well-read, they’ve had a variety of experiences, and as a result they’re not boring. They’re able to make meaningful contributions to conversations that inspire others. Try new things. Explore new territory. Get outside of your comfort zone. Interesting people are attractive.
Related: 10 Ways To Be More Interesting
- Be complimentary. Find the good in others, draw it out and compliment them on it. We are naturally drawn to people who make us feel good about ourselves.
5. Be empowering. We want to be around people who believe in us and who make us feel empowered to go out and do something great and amazing. People who empower us are instantly more attractive to us.
6. Serve. In my opinion one of the most attractive people I’ve ever seen had a heavily lined and weathered face from many years spent under a hot sun serving others. Her dusty feet had a gnarled, almost crippled appearance. Day in and day out Mother Teresa served the poorest of the poor on the streets of Calcutta, India. She served with no desire for recognition or reward. It was simply her calling. Her life’s work. Serving makes you attractive and changes lives like nothing else can.
7. Grateful attitude. The most attractive people are the ones who are the most grateful. One event we participate in every year at this time is Operation Christmas Child. We pack shoe boxes with toys, school supplies, crafts and personal hygiene products to be shipped to children in third world countries. Each child receives only one box – ever. The gratitude they express for their one box is unmatched and makes them magnetically attractive. A stark contrast to the spoiled child of plenty in first world countries.
8. Be loving. Love is attractive. It can melt an icy heart. Bridge a gap. Mend brokenness. It’s like salve to a weary soul. When we choose to love, we change the world for good and that’s attractive.
Related: 10 Ways to Love Your People
9. Live your purpose. – It all boils down to this. Nothing is more beautiful than someone walking in the fullness of who they were created to be. There is a peace about them. No striving, no pretense, or need to prove anything, just living and being who God created them to be. That is the ultimate attractiveness.
You can instantly be more attractive and it won’t cost you a dime. In fact, it will draw people to you and make the world a better place because you’re in it.
What would you add to this list? What have other people done that have made them more attractive to you?
More on the topic here: When Samaritan’s Purse writer gives an answer when asked, “Am I still beautiful?”
Confident people practice all nine of these tips. How confident are you?
Find out now! Get your FREE Confidence Assessment here!
Copyright © 2017 Kaylene Mathews. All rights reserved.